Train to be a Teacher with us!Posted May 16, 2019
CEO is excited to announce that we will be hosting an Infant and Toddler Teacher training class this spring!
Come join an amazing team of educators who believes that every child deserves the best possible start in life. Here at CEO, our teachers offer safe and enjoyable childcare and incorporate learning and social/emotional skill development while our children learn the “Kindergarten readiness” skills they need to succeed in school.
By completing this paid training program, you will earn an Infant/Toddler Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) and have an opportunity to become a Teacher here at CEO. The program will consist of a combination of Teacher-instructed sessions, self-directed on-line classes and working in an Early Head Start classroom with a mentor staff member.
Class begins on Tuesday, May 28th, at CEO’s Community Resource Center in Troy, NY. This program will follow a 40 hour work week and have a likely schedule of Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 4:30pm. At the end of the program, eligible candidates will receive a $500 bonus for completing the course.
Our Infant/Toddler Teachers:
• Promote children’s development and learning through age-appropriate classroom activities.
• Use of age-appropriate and positive guidance strategies to teach, encourage, and redirect inappropriate classroom behavior.
• Build relationships with staff and families through positive and professional communication, creating a welcoming environment, respecting diversity, and encouraging parent participation in the center.
• Work collaboratively with the co-teacher and service providers.
CEO is seeking a candidate that has:
• Prior experience in a childcare setting
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
Check out our benefit package!
• Medical, dental, vision
• Free access to a Telemedicine Provider
• Paid Time Off
• Professional development during work hours
• Paid planning time for classroom staff
• Consideration for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Programs
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please note: Applicants for this position will be required to complete standard background clearances, which include fingerprints, New York State Child Abuse, a physical, TB Test, and pre-employment drug screen.
Interested in learning more about what our other teachers do? Please visit A Day in the Life of an Infant Teacher.
Ready to apply: start here!