CEO to Temporarily Cancel Programming Through March 27Posted March 16, 2020
Over the past few weeks we have been monitoring the developments of the pandemic impacting our country and doing our best to follow suggested guidance to minimize its spread. Although there are currently no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Rensselaer County or within CEO, we do believe that some additional efforts to ensure the health and safety of our staff and customers are necessary.
As a result, we have made the very difficult decision to temporarily cancel programming for children served within CEO by shutting down classrooms through Friday March 27, 2020. We will also be cancelling most services to the public that require face-to-face contact during this period. Effective March 17, 2020 thru March 27, 2020 the agency will be open for limited services, Monday – Friday from 10:00 a.m. -2:00 p.m. on the Fifth Avenue Campus only.
Below is an overview of the services that will remain available:
- Administration and Facilities staff will be available during the established operational hours to support agency needs.
- All Early Childhood classrooms and sites will be closed to children.
- Food Pantry customers will be required to complete an intake via telephone and will be provided a pick up time at CRC. (518) 272-6012 Ext. 320
- WIC will be handling appointments via phone. (518) 272-6159
- Community Connections will continue to provide emergency resources and referrals via phone. (518) 272-6012 Ext. 302
- The staff of the Foster Grandparent Program will continue to support the needs of the volunteers via telephone. (518) 272-6012 ext.315
- All other programs and services will temporarily discontinue direct customer contact, however staff will be available to answer any questions.
- YouthBuild | (518) 727-3021
- CDPHP Community Health Project | (518) 272-6012 Ext. 215
- WIC Vendor Management | (518) 272-6012 Ext. 271
- Weatherization Assistance Program | (518) 272-6012 ext. 406
- VITA | (518) 272-6012 ext. 302
We’d like to thank everyone for their flexibility and patience. Our approach will be as responsive and timely as possible during this difficult situation.