One of the best ways to save money is to reduce your heat and electricity usage.
By reducing the energy your home uses each day, you can:
- Save on your utility bills each month
- Make your home safer and more comfortable
- Reduce pollution and carbon footprint for the environment
CEO is proud to offer EmPower New York, a program that can help you lower your home energy use through FREE electrical and appliance upgrades. CEO contractors will inspect your home to find where energy is being wasted and determine which upgrades are right for your home.
Some of the possible upgrades include:
- Efficient light bulbs and light fixtures
- Energy Star-rated refrigerators
- Electric to gas dryer conversions (if applicable)
- Water saving devices and possibly insulation and air-sealing of the home (if applicable)
Upgrades will be chosen based on the needs of your home.
CEO will also educate you on new habits to lower your energy use further. We will also check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure safety in your home.
Eligibility for EmPower New York is based on where you live and your income. You may be eligible for CEO’s EmPower New York program if you:
- Currently live in or near Rensselaer County
- Are living in a building with 100 units or less
- Have high usage amounts of electricity (KWH) or gas (Therms)
- Have a household income of less than 60% of the state median income (i.e. HEAP eligible)
- Or, are currently enrolled in a utility payment assistance program