Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
CEO is offering both in-person and online (virtual) tax preparation in 2024 for the filing of 2023 taxes.
Virtual VITA means that taxpayers who meet the eligibility criteria will upload his/her/their tax documents to a secure IRS sponsored website called “Get Your Refund” and a certified volunteer tax preparer will complete the taxes and file them upon approval from the taxpayer. In-person services will be available in a limited capacity on Wednesdays during tax season.
To be eligible for CEO VITA services in 2024 you must:
- Have a household income of less than $60,000 in 2023
- Have worked in New York State
- Have not receive income from rental property
- Have not receive military pay
- Have not sold a house, stocks, bonds or other financial assets in 2023
- Have not declared bankruptcy in 2023
- Have not sold, exchanged, or otherwise disposed of virtual currency in 2023
- And, if you are self-employed, you don’t have any employees or inventor/depreciation/ business expenses worth more than $5,000
CEO is not hosting AARP tax preparation. Please call 1-888-227-7669 for more information and to find an AARP site near you.
The following documents need to be uploaded in Get Your Refund:
- A Social Security Card (or ITIN letter) for each taxpayer who will sign the return and all dependents
- A photo identification (both front and back) for each taxpayer who will sign the return
- W-2 forms for all jobs worked in 2022
- All 1099 and 1098 forms you received for 2023
- SSA-1099 if you received social security benefits in 2023
- 1099-G if you received unemployment benefits in 2023
- If you received your health insurance through the NY State of Health (known as the Marketplace), your 1095 A
- If you paid for childcare in 2023 and wish to deduct it: a copy of the provider’s name, complete address, and tax identification number
- If you wish to have your refund automatically deposited: a voided check or savings account deposit slip showing your account numbers