Build Your Future with YouthBuild!

Build Your Future with YouthBuild!

Apply Today!

YouthBuild is an 34 week workforce development program that helps youth set and achieve employment and training goals and removes barriers to success through hands on vocational learning, soft skill development, and preparation for the High School Equivalency exam (HSE). Our vocational learning prepares youth for several career pathways with an emphasis on Construction, and Culinary Industries. YouthBuild provides wrap around services such as case management and transitional planning and follows its members for a minimum of 12 months after exit. All of our members are co-enrolled in the AmeriCorps initiative as quarter-time members. This means that each member has one year to earn 450 hours in service to their community. Much of that service is done in partnership with Habitat for Humanity Capital District and various other community partners on a construction work site. If they complete those 450 hours, they have access to a $1500 scholarship!

YouthBuild Troy Now Recruiting! from CEO on Vimeo.

We’ll invest in you, if you promise to:

  • Work hard
  • Show up every day
  • Make a difference in your community
  • Create and commit to your goals

In return, you’ll earn:

  • Assistance with obtaining your Driver’s license
  • Up to $1500 scholarship
  • A supportive team dedicated to your success
  • The opportunity to change your life
  • Opportunities for Job shadows and Internships
  • Career/life counseling
  • A small bi-weekly stipend


Eligibility Requirements:

Are you:

  • Ages 16-24?
  • A resident of Troy, Rensselaer, Lansingburgh, or Green Island?
  • Need to prepare for your High School Equivalency (formerly GED) or a career?
  • Looking to make a positive transformation?

If so, here are your next steps:

  1. Call our offices at (518) 312-0191
  2. Complete an interest/eligibility survey here
  3. Attend an information session (dates/times will be sent out via text service)

To learn more about CEO’s YouthBuild program, please contact:
YouthBuild Program 
Phone: (518) 312-0191

Office Location: Riverside Building



YouthBuild is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. It is funded in part by the US Department of Labor and AmeriCorps.



This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the recipient and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.

The US Department of Labor funds 75% of the YouthBuild Troy program, committing $1,100,000 in federal dollars. The remaining 25% ($275,000) of the project budget is financed through nongovernmental sources.

Meet the Faces of CEO